The Liberate Artists Dance Captain Training Program is a year long training program where dancers ages 13-18 grow and develop as artists and humans.
Liberate Artists Dance Captain Training Program
A Training Program For The Entire Family
At Liberate Artists we build confidence and promote social growth in dancers. Our Liberate Artists Dance Captain Training Program is our small group extension of our mission. For 12 months, dancers and their families participate in seminars and trainings to develop the tools and support for wherever dance may take them. From dance medicine and science to monthly master classes this program is for the dancer wanting to grow and develop and for the families that support them. Please note, this program does not replace your weekly training at your home studio. As a studio first organization LADC's must get approval to audition from their studio owner or studio director. Independent dancers may apply, if they are receiving weekly training in their home city. Please note this is an audition based program. Only 10-20 dancers will be accepted for the 2021-2022 season ages 13+ (as of August 1st 2021).
Liberate Artists Dance Captains assist our Liberate Faculty and Staff on the road and perform as Liberate Artists Ambassadors for various experiences throughout their cohort (year).
The LADC Application deadline Wednesday, July 28th 2021.
As part of our program Liberate Artists Dance Captains will receive the following:
- • Monthly LADC Community Movement Classes
- • Business of Acting | Business of Dance Training
- • Leadership and Public Speaking Training
- • Post High School Preparation & College Preparation
- • Mindfulness, Goal Setting, Meditation
- • Colorful Dance History
- • Organizational Skills Development & Goal Setting
- • Team Building
- • 2 Family Sessions including Developing Healthy Boundaries in Dance
- • Mentorship
- • Brand Ambassador Training & Networking
- • Healthy Body (Dance Medicine and Science)
- • Reducing The Risk of Injury
- • Self-Confidence & Overcoming Adversity
At Liberate Artists we are proud of our faculty. For the LADC Training Program our faculty ranges from world renowned educators to doctors and physical therapist that assist in guiding all LADC's in being the best version of themselves that they can be. Meet some of the faculty for the LADC Training Program below, surprise guests to come! Additional faculty will be announced for Camp LADC, October 8th-10th 2021 in Los Angeles, CA.
And many more coming soon!!!
Tuition for the Liberate Artists Dance Captain Program is $1750.00.
$875.00 will be automatically charged when each LADC is chosen as a 2021-2022 LADC on August 3rd 2021.
The balance of $875.00 will be split over four months of $218.75 with the final payment being due January 3rd 2021.
With your audition all LADC's will be required to sign a contract that confirms if chosen as an LADC that your family will complete the program in it's entirety and all payments. Your card will be automatically charged and no refunds will be provided if families are unable to complete the LADC training program.
Included in the price of tuition:
• 12 Month Training Program
• Tuition to CAMP LADC Training in Los Angeles
• Tuition to Liberate L!VE in New York City 2022
• LADC Performance at Phoenix Fire 2022
• Always, Enough Foundation Fundraiser Performance at Phoenix Fire 2022
• Performance at Liberate L!VE 2022
• 2 Liberate Artists Dance Captain Shirts
• 2 Family Coaching Sessions with Liberate Founder/Creator Geri
• 30% Discount on all Liberate Artists Merchandise
• Reduced Tuition for Phoenix Fire and Focus
- 50% Discount for Phoenix Fire Blaze, making the price $1199.50 for PF Blaze * mandatory
- 60% Discount for Focus, making the price $1060.00 *optional (and only when you attend PF and Focus)
• Travel, accommodations, and meals to Liberate Artists Experiences
• Additional merchandise *optional
• Any required costumes or merchandise for Phoenix Fire and/or Focus
• Additional Family Coaching Sessions with Liberate Founder/Creator Geri
All Liberate Artists Dance Captains are required to:
• Train Weekly At Their Home Studio
• Pay LADC Fee of $1750.00
*$875.00 automatically debited August 2nd or 3rd 2021. The balance of $875 will be split over four months of $218.75 with the final payment being due January 3rd 2021.
• Attend Phoenix Fire Blaze 2022 (NYC)
*Payment plan will start automatically, January 2022 - 6 payments of $199.92
• Attend Camp LADC: October 8th -10th 2021 (LA)
*tuition included in the price of registration
• Attend Liberate L!VE: December 29th - 31st 2022 (NYC)
*tuition included in the price of registration
• Attend Monthly Community Dance Classes (Online)
*LADC's may only miss 2 Community Dance Classes in order to graduate from the program
• Brand Ambassador/ Merchandise Model for Liberate Artists
• Community Service Requirements (In Community)
• Completion Of Final LADC Project
• Agree And Comply With Our LADC Terms And Conditions Which You Can View Here
The LADC Audition Process is as simple as 1 and 2 .
Follow the steps below to submit your application to join us as a 2021-2022 Liberate Artists Dance Captain.
Step 1: Submit Audition
& Payment Authorization
Submit your audition and payment authorization to join us as a 2021-2022 Liberate Artists Dance Captain. Please create a video with the information below. When you are finished please upload your video as unlisted on Youtube. Then upload the video link to the application below.
- FAQ All About You
- - Introduce yourself.
- - Let us know where you are from and your home studio.
- - Tell us why you want to be a 2021-2022 Liberate Artists Dance Captain?
- Explain what being a good leader means to you.
- Tell us if you could change the world what would you do and why?
- 1 min solo in the style of your choice
Please note the payment authorization will only be charged if your dancer is selected as a '21-'22 Liberate Artists Dance Captain.For those applying for the scholarship please select "LADC Full Support Scholarship Applicant (Only for Folks Applying For The Scholarship)" at checkout for the Liberate Artists Dance Captain Application above.
Step 2: Send Studio Owner Recommendation Form
As a studio first organization you must get approval and recommendation from your studio owner to join us. Once your audition and payment are submitted please send this form to your studio owner.
Studio Owner Form:
Please note your application is not complete without your Studio Owner Recommendation Form.
'21-22 Liberate Artists Dance Captain Audition Submission & Payment Authorization
LADC Full Support Scholarship
In an effort to continue our mission of equitable dance experiences we will be providing one to two full tuition scholarships to Liberate Artists Dance Captain families who could use financial support to participate in this program sponsored by Always, Enough Foundation.
These are for families who do not have the economic means to participate in this program but will thrive as Liberate Artists Dance Captains. Families will need to provide documentation of need detailing their financial situation in order to apply.
Included in this award is the following:
• Liberate Artists Dance Captain Training Program (valued at $1750.00)
• Full Tuition Scholarship to Phoenix Fire Blaze (valued at $2399.00)
Families will be responsible for the following:
• Travel, accommodations, and meals to Camp LADC 2021 (LA)
• Travel, accommodations, and meals to Phoenix Fire Blaze 2022 (NYC)
• Travel, accommodations, and meals to Liberate L!VE 2022 (NYC)
• Access to a computer and Zoom (Monthly)
Unfortunately, if your family cannot afford the additional expenses please do not apply this year. Our team is working hard to fundraise so in upcoming years this entire program (including expenses) can be covered but as a new 501c3 in our sibling charity Always, Enough Foundation. we're doing everything we can to support more families each year. We know this growth will take time. Want to help? Share our mission on Facebook and Instagram , ask friends, families, co-workers, and business folks to donate and support the Always, Enough Foundation mission to break the economic barriers to access that keep kids out of dance.
The LADC Full Support Scholarship will be awarded privately and parents will be notified prior to the Phoenix Fire Purple performance. Dancers who receive this award will be recognized as LADC's and this part of the scholarship will remain anonymous. There is a separate application for this award which folks can apply for below. For those applying for the scholarship please select "LADC Full Support Scholarship Applicant (Only for Folks Applying For The Scholarship)" at checkout for the Liberate Artists Dance Captain Application above.